39. Hellmann L, Hamilton NA, Staiger EA, Solé M, Velie BD (2021) Owner-perceived behaviour in thoroughbred horses in secondary careers – A pilot study. Appl Anim Behav Sci 244, 105480.
38. Druml T, Brem G, Velie BD, Lindgren G, Horna M, Ricard A, Grilz-Seger G. (2021) Equine vitiligo-like depigmentation in grey horses is related to genes involved in immune response and tumor metastasis. BMC Veterinary Research 17, 336.
37. Rosengren MK, Sigurðardóttir H, Eriksson S, Naboulsi R, Jouni A, Novoa-Bravo M, Albertsdóttir E, Kristjánsson Þ, Rhodin M, Viklund Å, Velie BD, Negro JJ, Solé M, Lindgren G (2021) A QTL for conformation of back and croup influences lateral gait quality in Icelandic horses. BMC Genomics 22, 267.
36. Jansson A, Lindgren G, Velie BD, Solé M (2020) An investigation into factors influencing basal eye temperature in the domestic horse (Equus caballus) when measured using infrared thermography in field conditions. Physiol Behav, 113218.
35. Fontanel M, Todd ET, Drabbe A, Ropka-Molik K, Stefaniuk-Szmukier M, Myćka G, Velie BD (2020) Variation in the SLC16A1 and the ACOX1 genes is associated with gallop racing performance in Arabian horses. J Equine Vet Sci 93, 103202.
34. Todd ET, Thomson PC, Hamilton NA, Ang RA, Lindgren G, Viklund Å, Eriksson S, Mikko S, Strand E, Velie BD (2020) A genome-wide scan for candidate lethal variants in Thoroughbred horses. Sci Reports 10, 13153.
33. Todd E, Hamilton NA, Velie BD, Thomson PC. (2020) The effects of inbreeding on covering success, gestation length, and foal sex ratio in Australian thoroughbred horses. BMC Genetics 21, 41.
32. Grilz-Seger G, Reiter S, Neuditschoko M, Wallner B, Rieder S, Leeb T, Jagannathan V, Mesaric M, Cotman M, Pausch H, Lindgren G, Velie BD, Horna M, Brem G, Druml T. (2020) A Genome-Wide Association Analysis in Noriker Horses Identifies a SNP Associated With Roan Coat Color. J Equine Vet Sci 88, 102950.
31. Solé M, Ablondi M, Binzer-Panchal A, Velie BD, Hollfelder N, Buys N, Ducro BJ, Franҫois L, Janssens S, Schurink A, Viklund Å, Eriksson S, Isaksson A, Kultima H, Mikko S, Lindgren G. (2019) Inter- and intra-breed genome-wide copy number diversity in a large cohort of European equine breeds. BMC Genomics 20, 759.
30. Velie BD, Smith PM, Fjordbakk CT, Solé M, Jäderkvist Fegraeus K, Rosengren MK, Røed KH, Ihler CF, Lindgren G, Strand E. (2019) Exploring the genetics underpinning dynamic laryngeal collapse associated with poll flexion in Norwegian-Swedish Coldblooded Trotter racehorses. Equine vet J. DOI: 10.1111/evj.13171
29. Ropka-Molik K, Stefaniuk-Szmukier M, Musial A, Velie BD (2019) The genetics of racing performance in Arabian horses. Int J Genomics, DOI: 10.1155/2019/9013239
28. Franҫois L, Hoskens H, Velie BD, Stinckens A, Tinel S, Lamberigts C, Peeters L, Savelkoul HFJ, Tijhaar E, Lindgren G, Janssens S, Ducro BJ, Buys N, Schurink A. (2019) Genomic regions associated with IgE levels against Culicoides spp. Antigens in three horse breeds. Genes 10, 597.
27. Grilz-Seger G, Neuditschko M, Richard A, Velie BD, Lindgren G, Mesaric M, Cotman M, Horna M, Dobretsberger M, Brem G, Druml T. (2019) Genome-wide homozygosity patterns and evidence for selection in a set of European and Near Eastern horse breeds. Genes 10, 491.
26. Velie BD, Solé M, Jäderkvist Fegraeus K, Rosengren MK, Røed KH, Ihler CF, Strand E, Lindgren G (2019) Genomic measures of inbreeding in the Norwegian-Swedish Coldblooded Trotter. Genet Sel Evol, 51, 22.
25. Felkel S, Vogl C, Rigler D, Dobretsberger V, Chowdhary BP, Distl O, Fries R, Jagannathan V, Janecka JE, Leeb T, Lindgren G, McCue M, Metzger J, Neuditschko M, Rattei T, Raudsepp T, Rieder S, Rubin CJ, Schaefer R, Schlotterer C, Thaller G, Tetens J, Velie B, Brem G, Wallner B. (2019) The horse Y chromosome as an informative marker for tracing sire lines. Sci Rep 9, 6095.
24. Velie BD, Lillie M, Jäderkvist Fegraeus K, Rosengren MK, Solé M, Ihler CF, Strand E, Lindgren G (2019) Exploring the genetics of trotting racing ability in horses using a unique Nordic horse model. BMC Genomics, 20, 104.
23. Todd ET, Jäderkvist Fegraeus K, Thomson PC, Ihler CF, Strand E, Lindgren G, Velie BD (2019) Premie race participation is associated with increased career longevity and prize money earnings in Norwegian-Swedish Coldblooded Trotters. Acta Agric Scand A, DOI: 10.1080/0906702.2018.1563211
22. Velie BD, Jäderkvist Fegraeus K, Ihler CF, Lindgren G, Strand E. (2019) Competition lifespan survival analysis in the Norwegian-Swedish Coldblooded Trotter racehorse. Equine vet J, 51, 206-211.
21. Velie BD, Jäderkvist Fegraeus K, Solé M, Rosengren MK, Røed KH, Ihler CF, Strand E, Lindgren G. (2018) A genome-wide association study for harness racing success in the Norwegian-Swedish Coldblooded Trotter reveals genes for energy metabolism and learning. BMC Genet 19, 80.
20. Schurink A, da Silva VH, Velie BD, Dibbits BW, Crooijmans RPMA, Francois L, Janssens S, Stinckens A, Blott S, Buys N, Lindgren G, Ducro B. (2018) Copy number variations in Friesian horses and genetic risk factors for insect bite hypersensitivity. BMC Genet 19, 49.
19. Jäderkvist Fegraeus K, Velie BD, Axelsson J, Ang RA, Hamilton NA, Andersson L, Meadows JRS, Lindgren G. (2018) A potential regulatory region near the EDN3 gene may control both harness racing performance and coat color variation in horses. Physiol Reports 6, e13700.
18. Todd ET, Ho SYW, Thomson PC, Ang RA, Velie BD, Hamilton NA. (2018) Founder-specific inbreeding depression affects racing performance in Thoroughbred horses. Sci Rep 8, 6167.
17. Felkel S, Vogl C, Rigler D, Jagannathan V, Leeb T, Fries R, Neuditschko M, Rieder S, Velie B, Lindgren G, Rubin CJ, Andersson L, Schlötterer C, Rattei T, Brem G, Wallner B. (2018) Asian horses deepen the MSY phylogeny. Anim Genet 49, 90-93.
16. Jäderkvist Fegraeus K, Hirschberg I, Arnason T, Andersson L, Velie BD, Andersson LS, Lindgren G. (2017) To pace or not to pace: a pilot study of four- and five-gaited Icelandic horses homozygous for the DMRT3 ”Gait Keeper” mutation. Anim Genet 48, 694-697.
15. Jäderkvist Fegraeus K, Lawrence C, Petäjistö K, Johansson MK, Wiklund M, Olsson C, Andersson L, Andersson LS, Røed KH, Ihler CF, Strand E, Lindgren G, Velie BD (2017) Lack of significant associations with early career performance suggest no link between the DMRT3 “Gait Keeper” mutation and precocity in Coldblooded trotters. PlosOne DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0177351
14. Axling JM, Castle K, Velie BD, Tammen I, Thomson PC, Hamilton NA, Raadsma HW, Lindgren G, Jeffcott LB, Nicholas FW (2016) Use of diagnostic reports to estimate prevalence and distribution of skeletal lesions in young Thoroughbreds. Vet J 214, 72-76.
13. François L, Jäderkvist Fegraeus K, Eriksson S, Andersson LS, Tesfayonas YG, Viluma A, Imsland F, Buys N, Mikko S, Lindgren G, Velie BD (2016) Conformation traits and gaits in the Icelandic horse are associated with genetic variants in Myostatin (MSTN). J Hered. 107, 431-437.
12. Velie BD, Shrestha M, Franҫois L, Schurink A, Tesfayonas YG, Stinckens A, Blott S, Ducro BJ, Mikko S, Thomas R, Swinburne JE, Sundqvist M, Eriksson S, Buys N, Lindgren G (2016) Using an Inbred Horse Breed in a High Density Genome-wide Scan for Genetic Risk Factors of Insect Bite Hypersensitivity (IBH). PlosOne DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0152966
11. Finn JL, Haase B, Willet CE, van Rooy D, Chew T, Wade CM, Hamilton NA, Velie BD (2016) The relationship between coat colour phenotype and equine behaviour: a pilot study. Appl. Anim. Behav. Sci. 174, 66-69.
10. Velie B. (2016) A genetic approach to improving the lives of racing Thoroughbreds. Equine vet J. 48, 270-271.
9. Velie BD, Hamilton NA, Wade CM (2016) Heritability of racing durability traits in the Australian and Hong Kong Thoroughbred racing populations. Equine vet J. 48, 275-279.
8. Jäderkvist K, Johansson L, Mäenpää Minna, Mykkänen A, Andersson LS, Velie BD, Andersson L, Arnason T, Lindgren G. (2015) Different DMRT3 genotypes are best adapted for harness racing and riding in Finnhorses. J Hered 106, 734-740.
7. Velie BD, K Jäderkvist, F Imsland, A Viluma, LS Andersson, S Mikko, S Eriksson, G Lindgren (2015) Frequencies of polymorphisms in myostatin (MSTN) vary in Icelandic horses according to the use of the horses. Anim Genet 46, 467-468.
6. Velie BD, Hamilton NA, Wade CM (2015) Heritability of racing performance in the Australian Thoroughbred racing population. Anim Genet 46, 23-29.
5. Velie BD, Hamilton NA, Wade CM (2015) Performance selection for Thoroughbreds racing in Hong Kong. Equine vet J. 47, 43-47.
4. Velie BD, Raadsma HW, Wade CM, Knight PK, Hamilton NA (2014) Heritability of epistaxis in the Australian Thoroughbred racehorse population. Vet J 202, 274-278.
3. Velie BD, Stewart BD, Lam K, Wade CM, Hamilton NA (2013) Profiling the careers of Thoroughbred horses racing in Hong Kong between 2000 and 2010. Equine vet J. 45, 694-699.
2. Velie BD, Knight PK, Wade CM, Hamilton NA (2013) The association of age at first start with career length in the Australian Thoroughbred racehorse population. Equine vet J.45, 410-413.
1. Velie BD, Wade CM, Hamilton NA (2013) Profiling the careers of Thoroughbred horses racing in Australia between 2000 and 2010. Equine vet J.45, 182-186.